quietly....

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Feb 3 20:28:00 UTC 2011

On 2/3/2011 2:12 PM, Matthew Palmer wrote:
> Actually, I must agree that since I've stopped doing IT work professionally,
> I've found myself far less emotionally invested in this kind of thing, and
> far less worried about the world ending (which, let's face it, it rarely
> does).  Does wonders for the blood pressure.

I used to say that if I won the lottery, I'd still keep my job (as I
love it). Dealing with IPv6 and the fact that decades apparently isn't
enough for a standards body and a small set of corporations to design
and implement a protocol which needs to do everything the old one did
(minimum) and more (advisable), I've recently reconsidered.

Here's to winning the Lottery. Then I won't need the Internet. :)

jack