And so it ends...

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Feb 3 19:56:46 UTC 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 2:34 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:

> I strongly suspect that his question is actually "Does ARIN have any
> enforceable legal authority to compel an entity to cease using a
> specific block of address space, absent a contract?"

ARIN has the authority to manage its database, and does so according to
the community developed policies.  This includes changing the entries
which designate the address holder, and specify that there is now a new
address holder.

None of this has to do with how entities configure their routers or
servers.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO