And so it ends...

Bryan Fields Bryan at bryanfields.net
Thu Feb 3 19:45:32 UTC 2011

On 2/3/2011 14:16, John Curran wrote:
> then answer is that the database is managed as part of ARIN's mission, per
> policies established by the community.
>
> If you're trying to ask a different question, I'm more than happy to
> answer, but I'd ask that you be more explicit.
>
> On Feb 3, 2011, at 1:41 PM, Ernie Rubi wrote:
>
>>> I think it's OK to say you cannot/would rather not answer the question,
>>> instead of giving a non-answer.  I was trying to follow along with your
>>> 'the community acquiescence gives us the legal right to take back
>>> legacy IP addresses' argument.

I guess my question here is, does ARIN have the right to take Legacy IP space
if it's not being used properly?  For example 44/8 which is Legacy from IANA.

Or does legacy in this context mean a company with a /14 allocation from ARIN
thats not using it? If so, how often, if ever has ARIN done this?  Can you
provide some examples of this being done?

--
Bryan Fields

727-409-1194 - Voice
727-214-2508 - Fax