And so it ends...

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Feb 3 16:39:13 UTC 2011

On Feb 3, 2011, at 11:22 AM, Benson Schliesser wrote:
> That's what the RIR might say.  But without legal authority (e.g. under contract, as a regulator, or through statutory authority) it is difficult or impossible to enforce.

Transfers are permitted in the ARIN region per the community developed policies.

> We can talk about how people "should" return addresses, or "should" justify transfers, etc, but we would only be begging.  Transfers will take place outside the RIR scope, because RIR transfer/market policy doesn't accommodate reality.

Such transfers should be reported when noticed, so the resources can be reclaimed and reissued.

> Or, we can fix policy..?

Absolutely... if the policy doesn't match your needs, please make a policy proposal.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO