And so it ends...

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Thu Feb 3 15:38:22 UTC 2011

On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:58 AM, Alex Rubenstein <alex at corp.nac.net> wrote:
> And we have yet to see what happens with backend transactions between private institutions that have large blocks laying around, and them realizing that they have a marketable and valuable thing. We may all say it won't happen, we may even say we don't want it to happen, or that it shouldn't be allowed - but I'm a realist.
>

>> From: Max Larson Henry [mailto:maxlarson.henry at transversal.ht]
>>
>> Still a few LEGACY in the status column ;-)
>>
>> -M
>>
>> On Thu, Feb 3, 2011 at 9:35 AM, Scott Howard <scott at doc.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> > 102/8   AfriNIC    2011-02    whois.afrinic.net ALLOCATED
>> > 103/8   APNIC      2011-02    whois.apnic.net   ALLOCATED
>> > 104/8   ARIN       2011-02    whois.arin.net    ALLOCATED
>> > 179/8   LACNIC     2011-02    whois.lacnic.net  ALLOCATED
>> > 185/8   RIPE NCC   2011-02    whois.ripe.net    ALLOCATED

My theory is that IPv4 will continue to survive with companies
becoming more and more conservative on the use of space. IPv6 adoption
will happen more substantially as the cost of second hand IPv4 becomes
more and more severe, approaching the apex of IPv4 cost vs. IPv6
adoption cost.

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net