quietly....

John Payne john at sackheads.org
Wed Feb 2 20:13:21 UTC 2011

On Feb 2, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2011, at 11:40 AM, John Payne wrote:
>

>> On Feb 2, 2011, at 6:18 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:
>>
>>> NAT66 is different. NAT66 breaks things in ways that impact sites outside of the site choosing to deploy NAT.
>>
>> Examples?
>
> SIP
> Network enabled Video Games
> Peer to Peer services of various forms
> etc.

I chose NAT66.  How does that affect you or any other site?

Note that I have already blocked games and peer to peer either technically or via policy.... and I have no SIP end points that have any business talking outside the enterprise.

Just rephrasing you slightly.  NAT66 will break applications that many enterprises will already have blocked at their perimeters.