quietly....

david raistrick drais at icantclick.org
Wed Feb 2 17:28:54 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:

> No, the point is that DNS resolvers in different places all use the same
> addresses. So at the cyber cafe 3003::3003 is the cyber cafe DNS but at
> the airport 3003::3003 is the airport DNS. (Or in both cases, if they
> don't run a DNS server, one operated by their ISP.)

Because no one has ever had a need to coexist with other DNS servers on
the same subnet, right?   After all, there should only ever be 1
authorative source of information, and there's no way we would ever want
to have an exception for that.

...david (who manages his own authorative and recursive DNS servers that
are used specificly for our group's purposes that have to coexist with
IT-managed servers)

--
david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
drais at icantclick.org             http://www.expita.com/nomime.html