quietly....

Greg Estabrooks nanog at phaze.org
Wed Feb 2 15:35:45 UTC 2011

Hi,

> But all of this could easily have been avoided: why are we _discovering_ DNS addresses in the first place? Simply host them on well known addresses and you can hardcode

So, when I take my laptop from Home to work, to the airport, to some
random cyber cafe I should have to manually alter my DNS servers
assuming I can find someone in the location who can tell me what they
are ?? Or let me guess, I should hardcode  some public DNS servers which
I can hopefully reach from where I am, hopefully is not down or having
issues and hopefully I don't have poor latency to?

And here I always thought the D in DHCP stood for Dynamic.