quietly....

George Herbert george.herbert at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 04:05:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 7:46 PM,  <Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu> wrote:
> On Wed, 02 Feb 2011 03:09:50 GMT, John Curran said:
>> We had a small ramp up in December (about 25% increase) but that is within
>> reasonable variation. Today was a little different, though, with 4 times
>> the normal request rate... that would be a "rush".
>
> Any trending on the rate of requests for IPv6 prefixes?

More interesting would be re-requests - organizations exhausting an
initial allocation and requiring more.  People asking for the first
one just indicates initial adoption rates.

Other than experimental blocks, I am generally under the impression
that IPv6 allocations are designed to avoid that being necessary for
an extended period of time.  If that is not true, then that's a flag.

--
-george william herbert
george.herbert at gmail.com