quietly....

Dave Israel davei at otd.com
Tue Feb 1 20:03:26 UTC 2011

On 2/1/2011 2:57 PM, Iljitsch van Beijnum wrote:
> On 1 feb 2011, at 16:21, Jack Bates wrote:
>
>> I still know a LOT of people who have no desire to switch. They are holding out until vendors implement the features they want. NAPTv6, default router in DHCPv6, etc, etc.
> What's the point of switching to IPv6 if it repeats all the IPv4 mistakes only with bigger addresses?

Bigger addresses.  People want to engineer their networks they way they
want to.  Let them.  If their way is stupid, then they'll have the
stupidly engineered network they wanted.  Telling them they have to do
it your way because their way is stupid is just going to keep them from
changing and increases a chance of a NATernet.

-Dave