Verizon acquiring Terremark

Peter Beckman beckman at angryox.com
Tue Feb 1 03:54:14 UTC 2011

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Jimmy Hess wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 3:42 PM, Jeffrey Lyon
> <jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net> wrote:
>> One cannot be owned by a carrier and remain carrier neutral.
>> My two cents,
>
> Agreed.  An organization being a fully owned subsidiary of one carrier,
> and claiming to be completely carrier neutral, is an indelible conflict
> of interest;

  One of my colleagues was discussing this today.

     http://bit.ly/emZ7uA -> http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/wps/portal/...

  Equinix has been claiming to have carrier neutral exchanges since Oct
  2009.  Who is using them and are they, in your opinion, being completely
  carrier neutral?  Maybe it is possible.

Beckman