[NANOG-announce] NANOG 54 Hotel Update

Betty Burke <[email protected]> betty at newnog.org
Thu Dec 8 18:44:58 UTC 2011

Dear NANOG Community,

On behalf of the Board of Directors, I am happy to share some wonderful
news regarding hotel accommodations for our NANOG 54 meeting in San Diego.
The hotel has been undergoing renovations and recently completed remodeling
of all its guest rooms and meeting space. The last phase of the hotel
remodel will include the main lobby, which they plan to complete before our
meeting.

The Board has been working closely with the hotel to ensure the remodel
will have no effect on NANOG 54, scheduled for February 5 - 8, 2012. As a
result of our conversations, the hotel has agreed to reduce the individual
guest room rate from $199 +tax/ night to $169 + tax/night.   For
reservations already made, the hotel will make an adjustment to your daily
rate, reflecting the new NANOG 54 rate.

In addition, if you make your reservation by January 4th, 2012, you will be
entered into a drawing to win 10,000 Starwood Preferred Guest points!

For your reference, below please find a copy of the original letter from
the hotel.

We look forward to seeing you all in San Diego!

Sincerely,

Betty Burke,
Executive Director

Greetings from San Diego!

We are looking forward to welcoming you to America’s Finest City for the
NANOG Annual Meeting in February 2012.

Over the last year, The Westin Gaslamp Quarter has completed a refresh of
our guest rooms, meeting space and WestinWORKOUT®, and we are in the final
phase of our lobby renovation.  To celebrate and to help manage your travel
expense, we are happy to offer a discounted conference rate of $169 plus
tax (originally $199!)  For any reservations that have already been made,
we will reduce your confirmed rate for you.

Early Bird Special: If you make your reservation by January 4, 2012, you
will be entered into a drawing to win 10,000 Starwood Preferred Guest
points!

Be well,

Keri Robinson
General Manager