FTTH CPE landscape
jason at lixfeld.ca
Thu Aug 4 14:57:45 UTC 2011
This isn't necessarily operational content, so I apologize in advance for the noise and thus encourage off-list replies (and/or flames).
I figure the NANOG demographic might be able to point me in the right direction seeing as how far reaching into the industry the readership is.
I'm doing research on potential FTTH CPE vendors and I'd like to poke around for some potential vendors to see who I've missed.
The feature wish list more or less looks like so:
- Small, wall-mount'ish form factor
- 6-8 wire speed 10/100/1000 LAN ports
- Generic consumer grade NAT/Firewall
- Fixed BX WAN port
- 1-2 POTS ports with SIP UA
- TR-69 support for full CPE configuration (User features/configuration and SP features/configuration)
- No Wifi (or the ability to disable it from the SP provisioning side)
- DHCP client
- 802.1q on LAN and WAN ports
- -48v input
- Per VLAN egress shaping/policing over WAN port
- DHCP option 82 support
If anyone has something like this in the field or knows of a vendor who can meet these requirements in some fashion by product line or custom build, please drop me a line.
Also, if anyone knows of any NANOG'esque FTTH lists, I'd welcome a subscribe URL.
Thanks in advance.
More information about the NANOG