East Coast Earthquake 8-23-2011

JC Dill jcdill.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 26 15:42:04 UTC 2011

On 24/08/11 2:46 PM, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> [...]

Knoxville might not be in the "tornado belt" but it definitely gets
tornadoes:

<http://www.wbir.com/news/article/167651/2/Tornado-warnings-issued-for-much-of-East-Tennessee>

Significant-damage-causing earthquakes in California are a
once-every-30-to-100-years type of event for any given location.  You
need to build and plan for them, but they don't occur with anywhere near
the same frequency as tornadoes, hurricanes, floods, ice storms, etc.
Plus, you don't have to deal with hours or days of warnings, or false
warnings (as is often the case with hurricanes, which may change course,
after hours or days of warning people "in the path" who end up entirely
unscathed).  Just get prepared, stay prepared, know what to do if^W when
it happens.

jc