VRF/MPLS on Linux

Brian Raaen nanog at rhemasound.org
Fri Aug 26 11:02:23 UTC 2011

I want to thank everyone for their input and I have gleened many useful ideas from this discussion.
Hopefully some standard like BSD sockets will be written for routing realms/vrfs, then let the fun begin.
It appears that the Java based framework our developers used can not be extended to allow direct packet/socket manupulation, so we will be looking are using different vm's to get around our issue.
Again I really enjoyed this discussion with everyone and am excited about the progress that is being made in bringing this concept dirrectly to the host.

---
Brian Raaen
Network Architect
braaen at zcorum.com