VRF/MPLS on Linux

Brian Raaen nanog at rhemasound.org
Wed Aug 24 10:06:07 UTC 2011

The only issue with this is that the Linux box is not acting as a router, but as the egress devices.  I'm trying to figure out how to properly get my application to 'color' the traffic.  standard BSD sockets appear to have no concept of 'Labels'.  Still seeing what I can do to match the traffic.  I am probably going to see if I can work out a hack with the development team to use DSCP values to tag the traffic and then act accordingly on the ingress router.  I appreciate all the ideas presented so far.

---
Brian Raaen
Network Architect
braaen at zcorum.com