Prefix hijacking by Michael Lindsay via Internap

Adrian choprboy at dakotacom.net
Sun Aug 21 03:16:02 UTC 2011

On Saturday 20 August 2011 19:49, Suresh Ramasubramanian wrote:
> Just as interesting is that those prefixes are certainly on spamhaus.
>
> This should turn out very interesting indeed - maybe RIPE NCC should
> just reclaim those prefixes till their ownership is resolved.  If
> ever.
>
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Adrian <choprboy at dakotacom.net> wrote:
> > Hmmmm, interesting......

He contacted me privately and stated he always uses Tor. I explained how that
lends even less credibility than a questionable/forged transfer authority in
business discussions... He claims he will be posting from his office Monday
morning.

The good credibility: There does appear to be a Denis Spirin in ?the Ukraine?
who is a IT consultant. There is also a Denis Spirin who appears to be a
director at a Russian venture capitalist... unknown if they have any
connection.

The bad credibility: Posting thru Tor via GMail. The "link-telecom.net" domain
appears to have no services or presence other than a MX record to GMail. The
same "noc at link-telecom.net" address he controls is also the registered
contact on all the IP blocks in Spamhaus and allegedly hijacked... why not
just contact Internap directly?

Adrian