NANOG Digest, Vol 43, Issue 53

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Sat Aug 20 03:14:55 UTC 2011

You can order custom-made patch cables that are outdoor rated from any
decent company that sells fiber patch cables for a living.  If you want it
to be locatable, make sure it includes some kind of metal strip.

Here's some pre-made armored options:
http://goo.gl/sJ9NQ
http://www.jemcables.com/ecommerce/CatalogSubCategoryDisplay.aspx?CID=101
http://www.macmall.com/p/Cables-To-Go-Cables/product~dpno~7910804~pdp.fhcjje

You can also lay sealed PVC conduit and run indoor-rated cable if you keep
it below the frost line.

Frank