What do you do when your Home ISP is down?

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Sat Aug 20 01:21:23 UTC 2011

Comcast goes into that mode every once in a while.

I finally started getting around it by telling them that I had attached a computer.
They would then ask "Windows or MacOS". I'd tell them this computer runs Cisco IOS.
We went through their whole script and they finally escalated to someone with more clue,
but, even the slightly more clueful person never figured out that a computer running IOS
was my 7206 VXR. (that router was subsequently replaced with an SRX-100).

Owen