What do you do when your Home ISP is down?

Jeff Johnstone jj at diamondtech.ca
Thu Aug 18 18:17:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:21 AM, Mark Keymer <mark at viviotech.net> wrote:

> I am wondering what some of you guys do when your home ISP is down. At
> least those of you that don't give yourself internet.
> <snip>
> I know we have a wide range of people here some of which work for my
> Home ISP. and would love some feedback.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Mark Keymer

I've had great  luck by working through the system a couple of times until
reaching a level 3 or 4 tech and then working things through. If you work
with them, have them make a note on your account that acknowledges your
technical skills and lets you bypass front line staff. I almost never get
stuck talking to front line staff anymore, and I know my feedback has been
helpful in problem resolution more than a few times :)

Get to know the techs, best solution, but it takes perseverance the first
few times.

cheers
Jeff