OSPF vs IS-IS

Leigh Porter leigh.porter at ukbroadband.com
Wed Aug 17 14:53:18 UTC 2011

Indeed. Does it really take that long to become familiar enough with IS-IS to support it in most situations? It really is not that difficult. I brought our ops people suitable up to speed with IS-IS over about one week of some lab work in their spare time and a few chats over a whiteboard. A couple of times perhaps they called me over an issue, but since then, I have not heard anything from any of them about it.

I guess it comes down to the quality of people you employ. But really, if they get OSPF then IS-IS is not hard to grasp.

--
Leigh Porter