Verizon Business - LTE?

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 13:41:12 UTC 2011

On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 2:52 AM, Måns Nilsson <mansaxel at besserwisser.org> wrote:
> Subject: Re: Verizon Business - LTE? Date: Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 11:49:38AM -0400 Quoting chris (tknchris at gmail.com):

> OTOH, never underestimate "Because we can".

in their own words (vzw)[1]:
"Verizon Communications (NYSE: VZ) provided a very bullish outlook on
the company’s financial position of its wireless unit today, by saying
that it will likely beat its own estimates of achieving 43 percent to
45 percent profit margins,"

Note in the past I'd said 'verizon plans on 35%+ profit on anything in
the wireless space'... I was 10% points off ;(

So... 'because we can' seems to fit well here. Yes, I do understand
their need/want/etc to 'maximize shareholder value', but they
certainly aren't putting caps on because of hardship.

[1]: http://moconews.net/article/419-verizon-wireless-expects-to-beat-its-own-profit-margin-goals/