How long is your rack?

Charles N Wyble charles at knownelement.com
Mon Aug 15 00:36:00 UTC 2011

On 08/14/2011 03:49 PM, Lyndon Nerenberg (VE6BBM/VE7TFX) wrote:
> I hope someone will explain the operational relevance
> of this ...

Small home compute centers/networks need care and feeding as well. I've
learned a lot from this thread. Things like common designs/layouts,
cooling, POE switches etc.

Can someone explain the operational relevance of the never ending v6
threads that are the EXACT SAME ARGUMENTS over and over and over again? :)

> Sun V100         FreeBSD firewall/border gateway
> Sun V100         Plan 9 kernel porting test bed
> Sun V100         OpenBSD build/test/port box
> Intel 8-core     Solaris fileserver and zones host
> AMDx4            Random OS workstation crash box
> Epia-EK          Plan 9 terminal
> MacBook x        Snow Leopard build/test host
> Intel-mumble-ITX Win2K8.2 development host
> Supermicro XLS7A Plan 9 File server
> Supermicro XLS7A Plan 9 CPU/Auth server
> Sun V100         Oracle (blech) new-Solaris test/porting box
> Sun V100         crashbox for *BSD firewall failover tests
> Sun V100         *BSD ham radio stuff, plus Plan9 terminal
>                  kernal testing.

Sun is good stuff. I like "crash box". Is that like a scratch system?
> <sound-of-pants-zipping-up>

Hah

--
Charles N Wyble charles at knownelement.com @charlesnw on twitter

http://blog.knownelement.com

Building alternative,global scale,secure, cost effective bit moving platform
for tomorrows alternate default free zone.