Verizon Business - LTE?

Ryan Finnesey rfinnesey at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 16:46:26 UTC 2011

b/c of coverage issues.

Cheers
Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles N Wyble [mailto:charles at knownelement.com]
Sent: Sunday, August 14, 2011 11:31 AM
To: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: Verizon Business - LTE?

On 08/13/2011 12:54 PM, Ryan Finnesey wrote:

> I was hoping to use LTE for a large number of sites we are about to
> roll out instead of DS1s.  But looks like we will go down the TDM route.

Why is that?

I ran a nationwide network of digital signage systems with about 500 of them
being 3g (mix of Sprint and Verizon). Worked really well, except for the PRL
updates. For some reason the AT command set to do the update didn't work.
Never did get that figured out (was pulled off that project to come up with
a way to convert the systems from Fedora to Debian without rolling a tech. I
did get that project done. It was awesome).
Now that startup is pretty much defunct. Hmmm... that's an idea for another
thread (management of boxes that aren't in a colo).