NANOGers home data centers - What's in your closet?

Jeff Johnstone jj at diamondtech.ca
Sat Aug 13 01:53:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 4:28 PM, Charles N Wyble
<charles at knownelement.com>wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> I'm curious what other NANOGers have in their home compute centers? On
> the extreme end of course we have mr morris :)
> with his uber lab: http://smorris.uber-geek.net/lab.htm

My last house engineering project went out with my 40+ PC XT/AT/386 Fido
BBS/Usenet Hub (I remember picking up that 10megs of ram for my first 386 at
a cool $10k back in the 80's :) ) in 1992 or thereabouts  when I finally
managed to get on the web :)

Now its a file server/media server feeding the house, PC/laptop and tablet
for the wife (which I "borrow" on occasion), a few switches and routers and
a firewall, and I just splurged and got me a new Alienware Dual GPU game
computer for me :)

Retirement means playing with games more than routers/servers/etc these days
:)

cheers
Jeff