NANOGers home data centers - What's in your closet?

Leo Bicknell bicknell at ufp.org
Sat Aug 13 01:37:53 UTC 2011

In a message written on Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 06:34:03PM -0700, Thomas Crowe wrote:
> I have a bunch of these, very useful and not super expensive.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/800poe-edgeconnect-managed-ethernet-switch/dp/B002YBC4VG

Yeah, 10/100 though, right?

The best option I know of is a TREDnet TPE-S80:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003O8J1AU

The fan is LOUD, but it's cheap, unmanaged, and supports full POE on all
8 ports (unlike many in its class that only do it on 4 ports).

I won't use it for my central switch though, as I want GigE in the house
(wired) for when I do need to move lots of data (backups).