NANOGers home data centers - What's in your closet?

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Sat Aug 13 00:29:58 UTC 2011

On Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:28:57 CDT, Charles N Wyble said:
> I'm curious what other NANOGers have in their home compute centers? On
> the extreme end of course we have mr morris :)
> with his uber lab: http://smorris.uber-geek.net/lab.htm

He doesn't get out much, does he? :)

> So what's in NANOGers home networks/compute centers? :)

Surprisingly minimalistic - a Linksys cablemodem and a Belkin Play wireless
router, both from Best Buy, a Dell Latitude laptop from work, and a PS/3.  I'll
upgrade if and when Comcast deploys IPv6 or other stuff worth upgrading in my
area. ;)

(I used to have more gear, but it came down to floor space for compute gear I
didn't use versus guitar gear I *do* use.. ;)