NANOG Board Announcement

Robert E. Seastrom rs at seastrom.com
Wed Aug 10 21:34:57 UTC 2011

Steven Feldman <feldman at nanog.org> writes:

> I am sad to announce that Robert Seastrom has resigned from the NewNOG
> Board of Directors, effective yesterday.
>
> Accordingly, the board has selected Michael K. Smith to fill the
> vacant position between now and the October Election.

Just wanted to follow up on this.  It's been an honor to be able to
serve the community in this way, but lately my personal commitments
(work and family) have made it impossible to live up to the SLA which
I feel I owe NANOG, so I felt it was my duty to make room for someone
who has the bandwidth to contribute in the way that I wish I could.

I'm really excited to see Michael stepping into this new role; his
record with the Communications Committee speaks for itself and I think
he's absolutely the right guy for the job.

Hats off to Michael.  See you in San Diego! [*]

-r

[*] I won't be at the October meeting.  My fiancee has made it clear
that a NANOG and ARIN honeymoon is not on her top 10 list, and
declined a suggestion that we submit our wedding vows to the ARIN AC
on a policy template.