FTTH CPE landscape

PC paul4004 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 23:49:48 UTC 2011

IPSEC Not so common.  At least it's easy enough for them to be the
initiator, in most cases, and IPSEC NAT-T works great.

Much more common application would include PC gamers, xbox live, remote
desktop, slingbox, windows home server, and torrents.

Granted, some of these support UPNP (if your router does too...), but others
simply do not do so as easily, or prefer a more static external access
solution.