Expanding into China (data center info required)

Pascal Charest pascal.charest at labsphoenix.com
Thu Aug 4 18:43:11 UTC 2011

Hi,

Sorry to use the NANOG mailing list for such request, but time is of the
essence here: One of my client is looking into expanding into China and
requested that I get him a ball-park price range for the following
requirement. The project is kind of getting out of control and he'd like to
receive a range by end-of-day.  Any soft quote or anecdotal feedback is
accepted - Feel free to answer off list, as to not spam NANOG more.

+ a 10x20feet cage
+ 4x50 amps/208v circuits (redundancy is already taken into account here)
+ 4x30 amps/208v circuits (redundancy is already taken into account here)
+ 2x20 amps/208v circuits (redundancy is already taken into account here)

note on power: we expect to requires something like 25k watts... any limits?

note on location: Hong Kong seem to be a good spot, but there is no
restriction on the exact location.

Also:

Is ipv4/ipv6 connectivity included (what kind of price/bandwidth can we
expect? We are looking into a giga connection with 100Mb commited), or is it
better to go for our own BGP setup with 2 independents connections (no idea
about the state of things in China) ? Any availability of remote 'english
speaking' technical hand-on?,

P.

--
Pascal Charest,