dynamic or static IPv6 prefixes to residential customers

Michael Froomkin - U.Miami School of Law froomkin at law.miami.edu
Wed Aug 3 20:47:39 UTC 2011

On Wed, 3 Aug 2011, Owen DeLong wrote:

[...]
> No, my point is that if you use RFC-4193, there's not really much benefit
> from altering the prefix, so, nobody gets penalized and you can still have
> static addresses.
[...]

If anyone is aware of any other widely-used applications in home/office
computing, or apps or devices in mobile telecoms, that use RFC-4193 *by
default* I would be very interested to learn about them for a paper I am
working on.

--
A. Michael Froomkin, http://www.law.tm Blog: http://www.discourse.net
Laurie Silvers & Mitchell Rubenstein Distinguished Professor of Law
+1 (305) 284-4285  |    +1 (305) 284-6506 (fax)  |  froomkin at law.tm
                        -->It's hot here.<--