Outage Management/Log Book

Payam Poursaied me at payam124.com
Mon Apr 25 10:47:18 UTC 2011

Hi all
May I have your recommendation  regarding any outage management software and NOC log book(preferably open source) .
I want to get fresh ideas about available software in this area.

The below scenario may explain what I am looking for:
One of the sites gets down, monitoring team would log it. Technical staffs follow it, they find there is something wrong
in the site. Someone gets to the site and find there is a power failure. Make it correct. Monitoring team again see that
site UP and update their log book put the recovery time and the reason (i.e. power failure)
One of the simplest report from this system would be downtime per site/per reason.

The ability to record group outage - manually or automatically based on network topology - (i.e. failure of a core
router in a city which would be caused several sites failure) would be also useful.

Best Regards
Payam Poursaied