365x24x7

Jeroen van Aart jeroen at mompl.net
Fri Apr 22 01:02:47 UTC 2011

Bill Stewart wrote:
> Rotating shifts between daytime and nighttime is a horrible thing to
> do to your workers, both for their health and their attention span.

I Fully agree.

I think it may pay off to search for people who suffer "Delayed sleep
phase syndrome" to do night shift. They'll be happy and you'll actually
have someone who is more awake and alert than the average person at that
time of day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase_syndrome

I think the IT world has a more than average incidence of people with
this particular syndrome, at least in my experience.

Of course in practice you would want to word your vacancy in such a way
it doesn't sound silly. But I think it could be worth it to put an
emphasis on it.

Greetings,
Jeroen

--