Youtube Geolocation

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Fri Apr 22 00:22:29 UTC 2011

On 21/04/11 15:46 -0700, Carl Rosevear wrote:
>Quova, Maxmind, and others all return accurate results for everything of
>ours I have tested.  Some of the IPs in question have been properly assigned
>or delegated to us for several years in whois.  But yeah, thanks for the
>input...  I actually hadn't checked Quova until now.  Perhaps Google rolls
>their own...

I'll have to re-echo your experience, which doesn't bode well for our
chances.

The link below returns accurate information for me too. Our blocks have
been in use for years and we have not experienced even a hint of
geolocation related problems before.

Direct peering would be our ideal solution to this problem, but Google
doesn't appear to play in our smaller market.