Youtube Geolocation

Dan White dwhite at olp.net
Thu Apr 21 21:36:50 UTC 2011

We're experiencing very poor quality with You Tube, and it appears we're
subject to a bad entry within a geolocation database somewhere.

When we attempt to view videos, the contact comes back to us from IPs like:

208.117.226.21 (traceroute's through Frankfurt)
173.194.50.47
74.125.100.29

All of those IPs are >125ms away from us (67.217.144.0/20, and
216.14.144.0/20).

However, we've never experienced redirection problems with Google before
(we always land at www.google.com), so I'm not sure where to take our
trouble. The page at:

http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/request.py?contact_type=ip

isn't of much help as it assumes the problem is google.com redirection.

Are there any contacts at Youtube who could provide some assistance?

Thanks,
--
Dan White