eigrp set next hop

Andrey Khomyakov khomyakov.andrey at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:57:39 UTC 2011

The goal is to withdraw the prefixes should any part of the connection go
down.
Unfortunately  router1--router2--firewall is part of a production setup and
not easily changed. The idea is really to have something like this (ideally
without router2):

router1-router2-firewall-router3
   router4-firewall-router5

I just wanted to check if I'm missing some knowledge about redistributing
BGP into EIGRP. It appears that there is really no way to manipulate
next-hop value. (no ip next-hop-self eigrp 1 is not really an option because
there are many more prefixes coming from other routers that are being
redistributed to router2 from router1)

I will see if the network will allow BGP on router2. That seems to be the
only clean solution for this.