365x24x7 (sleep patterns)

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Sun Apr 17 15:22:50 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Mark Foster" <blakjak at blakjak.net>

> Local emergency services[1] operate '2 days, 2 nights, 4 off'.
>
> Dayshifts are 10 hour 8am-6pm. Nightshift is 6pm until 8am. This
> creates
> a 4-watch rotation.

I dunno from Ambulance -- they're load driven... by my understanding is that around here, the fire people are 3 days on, and 4 days off, or something
similar to that.  Since they sleep in, they're effectively on-call at
all times, and they've got enough people on a shift that they can do
internal rotations as to who goes, unless it's a big enough call that they
all need to roll, which is a small enough percentage of calls to make
it work.

Cheers,
- jra