Top-posting (was: Barracuda Networks is at it again: AnySuggestions as to anAlternative? )

Michael Painter tvhawaii at shaka.com
Tue Apr 12 08:22:23 UTC 2011

Tim Chown wrote:
> Well indeed, top-posting is just so much more efficient given the volumes of email most of us probably see each day.

Top posting works in conversations you are having with someone, usually just one person, because you  are aware of what's
been said.
If one comes into a conversation with many people and reads the top post, there is no reference to what that applies to
unless you've been following the conversation from the beginning.

I wonder if anyone actually took the time to read the relevant links on the NANOG page gord referred to?

http://www.tux.org/lkml/#s3-9