Top-posting (was: Barracuda Networks is at it again: Any Suggestions as to anAlternative? )

Michael DeMan nanog at deman.com
Tue Apr 12 06:33:59 UTC 2011

Call me and old 'hard case' - but I prefer that when I get information via email, that if possible, the relevant information show up immediately.

Call me lazy I guess - but I would expect that most folks on this list have also understood good user interface design, and that the least amount of work that needs to be done for the receiver to be able to get their information is frequently the best solution.

On the other hand - I must admit that I do often top post and note 'see inline' with heavy use of snipping in order to shorten what has turned into a long topic in order to make it a shorter and more concise topic.

I absolutely agree with anybody (or everybody), that wants mailing list archives to be readable.  Fortunately we have things called 'computers' that do that quite well - and reorganize the email correspondence on mailing lists back into standard chronological order.

I am also not adverse to changing formats - I just think that it is just inefficient.

- mike