Implementations/suggestions for Multihoming IPv6 for DSL sites

Tom Limoncelli tal at whatexit.org
Fri Apr 8 03:13:42 UTC 2011

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> There is no need for NAT in order to multiple-home. BGP is every bit as effective and much simpler.

I know a lot of small businesses with one FiOS link and one Comcast
link and I don't think they're going to be able to do BGP. Their
providers won't do it and their prem equipment doesn't support it and
the local IT person doesn't have the know-how to do it.  I know that
the typical NANOG member isn't in this category, but this is a
use-case that is very common and outnumbers NANOG members.

Tom

--
Sign up for my new class "Advanced Time Mgmt: Team Efficiency" at PICC!
          April 29-30, New Jersey, LOPSA PICC: www.picconf.org