Alternatives to GSLB ?

Jeff Blaum jblaum02 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 18:33:04 UTC 2011

Greetings, my company has application servers in several strategic locations
throughout the globe. We're currently doing GSLB with a handful of BIND DNS
servers, that return the A records of the closest server(s), based off of
the IP address of the resolver doing the lookup for the client.

GSLB obviously has caveats in this regard, and we are looking for ideas on
how to 1) ensure clients are routed to the closest geographical server 2)
ensure the client hits the server(s) with the shortest path.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jeff