0day Windows Network Interception Configuration Vulnerability

Nick Hilliard nick at foobar.org
Mon Apr 4 17:53:42 UTC 2011

On 04/04/2011 16:46, andrew.wallace wrote:
> Someone has recently post to a mailing list:
> http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2011-April/080096.html

There's a serious vulnerability in the default ipv4 configuration too:
Windows will accept a reply from any DHCP server which replies.

The fix right now is for Microsoft to disable IPv4 by default.

I think I'm the first person in the world to notice this, so can you
cross-post this to full-disclosure as a critical 0day?  kthx,

Nick