RIP Justification

Jack Carrozzo jack at crepinc.com
Thu Sep 30 21:11:40 UTC 2010

As it was explained to me, the main difference is that you can have $lots of
prefixes in IS-IS without it falling over, whereas Dijkstra is far more
resource-intensive and as such OSPF doesn't get too happy after $a_lot_less
prefixes. Those numbers can be debated as you like, but I think if you were
to redist bgp ospf on a lab machine you'd get the point.

Disclaimer: I've never run IS-IS operationally, just in the lab.

-Jack