BGP next-hop

Jeff Saxe jsaxe at briworks.com
Thu Sep 30 11:13:51 UTC 2010

Yes, I believe the command is "show ip bgp rib-failure". This shows routes that are in the BGP table, theoretically eligible to be used as actual traffic-forwarding routes, but are failing to be inserted into the Routing Information Base (RIB) for one reason or another. I don't have a lab router handy to lab it up, and of course on my normal production router it comes up empty (lists column headers, but no routes) because I don't have any edge cases on there right now. But I think this is what you want.

-- Jeff Saxe
Network Engineer, Blue Ridge InternetWorks
Charlottesville, VA