RIP Justification

Christopher Gatlin chris at travelingtech.net
Wed Sep 29 20:35:06 UTC 2010

RIPv2 is a great dynamic routing protocol for exchanging routes with
untrusted networks.  RIPv2 has adjustable timers, filters, supports VLSM and
MD5 authentication.  Since it's distance vector it's much easier to filter
than a protocol that uses a link state database that must be the same across
an entire area.

Chris