Requesting assistance from Telia netop (Fwd: Prefix Preference at Level3)

Jeffrey Lyon jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net
Wed Sep 29 02:59:44 UTC 2010

We're trying to help a downstream customer with an issue and require
assistance from a clued Telia netop. The customer is running a GRE
tunnel from Los Angeles to Brazil for international transit and needs
to avoid carrying local traffic over the tunnel. He is requesting a
pref of > 150 for Level3 prefixes. We sent a request to
carrier-csc at teliasonera.com and here is the response we received:

> We do not manipulate the prefixes that comes to us from peers. Customer may configure this on their side, but peers are always set to 150.
> Please do not hesitate to contact us is you have any questions, we will close our ticket in 4 hours.

Hoping to get ahold of someone at Telia with a much higher degree of
awesome than this.

--
Jeffrey Lyon, Leadership Team
jeffrey.lyon at blacklotus.net | http://www.blacklotus.net