OSPFv3 Authentication

Manav Bhatia manavbhatia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:03:31 UTC 2010

Hi,

I am doing a survey and was interested in knowing if network operators
are using OSPFv3 with authentication [RFC 4552] turned on? I know that
most providers turn on authentication with OSPFv2, but given that
OSPFv3 needs IPsec integration and can thus get little cumbersome to
configure, wanted to understand if a similar % of folks also turn on
authentication for OSPFv3?

You can unicast me your responses (if you dont wish to share it on the
list) and i will collate all data and post a summary on the list.

Cheers, Manav