Randy in Nevis

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Sep 27 16:44:04 UTC 2010

On Mon, 27 Sep 2010 09:30:06 PDT, Lyndon Nerenberg said:

> I've heard from a couple of people that the PIX will remap 587 (and 25)
> to oddball ports if you fiddle the config just right.  Given all the
> other bogosity that box does with SMTP I wonder if there's truth to the
> rumour. (I haven't found anyone who can reproduce this on demand, so
> it's still apocryphal for now.)

I've heard some people say that reproducing totally compliant SMTP behavior
on those boxes on demand is apocryphal as well.  :)

(I have to admit I haven't actually tracked a user complaint down to a
misbehaving PIX in a year or two, but I can't say if the software has gotten
better or if its market share is just small enough to fly under my radar - the
type of people who send e-mail from behind a PIX don't interact with my users
all that often)