Online games stealing your bandwidth

khatfield at socllc.net khatfield at socllc.net
Sat Sep 25 21:56:15 UTC 2010

Speaking to your example with Blizzard:

The Blizzard downloader does provide an option to disable P2P transfers which then downloads direct via http from Blizzard.

Yes, the update software defaults to allow P2P but it isn't like they are forcing it upon their users. I have seen Sony do the same thing and have never seen a downloader that you couldn't disable that option if you like.

-Kevin