Cisco 6509/6513 cable management...

Matthew Schlegel nite97m at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 14:03:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 15:16, Jeff Wasilko <jeffw at smoe.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 02:53:58PM -0500, Dantzig, Brian wrote:
> > On Tue, 21 Sep 2010, Positively Optimistic wrote:
> >

> Let me 2nd the mighty mo! We went with them, and had our cabling
> contractor pre-wire the switch faces to patch panels. They're really
> nice--probably the nicest rack system I've worked with.

I'll give a hearty second to prewired patch panels.   Even with the best
cable management systems, patching directly into the switch is likely to
eventually get messy.   At least with the patch panels, even if cabling
there gets messy for any reason, the front of the switches stay nice and
clean, which makes a huge difference if you ever have a line card swap.